
Rob had surgery today on his nose. He had a horrible deviated septum which made it difficult to breathe through his nose. We had to be at the hospital at 7:00am. Everyone was very nice which was great because this was Rob's first surgery. He was a trooper, he had a sense of humor even though he was in a ton of pain. He has been very easy to care for today as he has slept all day. He will be on the couch for a few days as he can't lay flat on his back, but that just means I get he bed to myself. He looks great to, ha ha, he has to wear a nose sling to hold gauze under his nose so that the blood can drip into it. His eyes are a little puffy, his front teeth and throat are sore, but hopefully all this pain will be worth it. I am hoping that he will be able to breathe out of his nose and possibly not snore anymore.
Some funny tidbits to remember:
- One Doctor jocking about heroine addictions, welfare, and chocolate cake.
- Rob asking the nurse if she wanted his IV.
- Rob trying to eat his dinner.
- The boys constantly asking if Rob is feeling better.
- Robbie's look on his face when he saw Rob with the nose sling.

4 comments:
I'm glad it's going as well as it can. I think the pic is hilarious too (sorry!) and I know why Robbie thinks it's funny!
Good luck with the little to no snoring nights - those are only wishes I can wish but probably never have! hehehhehe... ;p
Get well soon, Rob. I had the same surgery a couple of years ago and it was...not my favorite.
oh I hope he recovers quickly! I sure hope for you that he stops snoring soon!!!
Jared needs to have the same surgery - I hope Rob gets well quickly!
Kathryn looks so cute in her swimsuit - looks like a lot of fun!
You have a peregrine falcon in the family!?! WOW I am very impressed with Tanner for being so calm! Jared's dream would be to handle birds of prey - very cool!
Post a Comment