






The first project we had this summer was building grow boxes. We ended up with 2 4x4 boxes and 2 4x8 boxes. They are beautiful and I had a fun time making them. We then had to level the ground where they go, do a drip line throughout the boxes and then fill them with dirt. We also put gravel around them for low maintenance. They turned out great and we have a few tomato plants, zucchini and squash, but because of our late start we have two boxes empty and ready for next year.
The Second project we did was add a few more decorative touches to Kathryn's room. I love the butterflies as does she. She always points at them. We also had to move her crib away from the window as she enjoyed looking out the window instead of going to bed and almost ruined her new blinds.
The third project is a biggie and I feel it will take us into the fall before finished, we are remodeling the main floor bathroom. We had to tear out most of the bathroom including the cast iron tub. The new tub is in along with a new floor as we almost went through the sub floor during demolition. Rob and Walt just finished putting in the new plumbing for the shower. I am waiting for Rob to put up backer board and dry wall. Finish the walls, paint and get the plumbing for the toilet taken care of so that I can then start tiling. I am hoping it will go faster as soon as the walls are taken care of. I can't wait to have another beautiful bathroom.
I am hoping to take a break from remodel after the bathroom, doing two bathrooms in less then six months is a little two much for me. I am sure come January Rob will want to start the basement, but I am thinking I will get a little break till then.
The Second project we did was add a few more decorative touches to Kathryn's room. I love the butterflies as does she. She always points at them. We also had to move her crib away from the window as she enjoyed looking out the window instead of going to bed and almost ruined her new blinds.
The third project is a biggie and I feel it will take us into the fall before finished, we are remodeling the main floor bathroom. We had to tear out most of the bathroom including the cast iron tub. The new tub is in along with a new floor as we almost went through the sub floor during demolition. Rob and Walt just finished putting in the new plumbing for the shower. I am waiting for Rob to put up backer board and dry wall. Finish the walls, paint and get the plumbing for the toilet taken care of so that I can then start tiling. I am hoping it will go faster as soon as the walls are taken care of. I can't wait to have another beautiful bathroom.
I am hoping to take a break from remodel after the bathroom, doing two bathrooms in less then six months is a little two much for me. I am sure come January Rob will want to start the basement, but I am thinking I will get a little break till then.

1 comment:
Those are fun projects! I love Kathryn and her window.. so her!!
Post a Comment